Monday, November 16, 2009

Three Months

Before we had Parker I thought this blog would be a great way to keep in touch with our family and friends. You'll have to forgive me, I haven't exactly been the best about updating it as often as I would like. Life at the Sturgy home has been busy.

Parker is pretty much the boss. He is now taking fewer/shorter naps during the day. We spend a lot of our time enjoying his swing, having tummy time, and talking about his stuffed animals and toys.
I now realize that I may have been too eager to develop a routine once we brought Parker home from the hospital. For us it's definitely a slower, stress-free process so we've thrown all previous plans out the window.

Parker is two days shy of being three months old, and already he is starting to sit up with little support.

He is also obsessed with his tongue and he drools a lot! We will catch him licking his hands and resting his tongue on his burp cloth and toys. Most times the necklines of his onesies are soaked as soon as they are buttoned.
He is all boy! Good thing I can mentally prepare now, I have a feeling that more slobber and maybe even boogers are in my very near future.

He is also getting very strong! There are times when he'll have a death grip on a chunk of my hair, my shirt, or even my glasses. He is making more and more little sounds and grunts too. Our little baby is quickly growing.

As far as his helmet goes, he is learning that it's not so bad after all. He hardly puts up a fuss when you put it on him.
Last week we were told he is recovering nicely. We don't have to return to Fort Worth for about three weeks. Chris and I are looking forward to some time spent at home.

And we are all looking forward to Parker's first Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

He is a strong little guy! I cant believe he is sitting up like that. Very impressive Parker!!!