Friday, November 6, 2009

Helmet Life

It's only day two of helmet life and according to Sweet P wearing that helmet is the worst thing EVER!
After a morning full of sad faces and tears I did manage to snap a few pictures of Parker enjoying helmet time with his aunt Jamie this afternoon.


For a split second Jamie's horse sounds made Sweet P forget all about his helmet.
Chris thinks he looks like an American Gladiator and I think he resembles Mighty Mouse. Either way he is our brave little baby.

Making Sweet P wear his helmet even when we see tears is by far the toughest part of being parents so far. We were told he could only spend one hour per day without it. It is definitely an adjustment for us all...but it's only for a few months. I know helmet life will get easier once P gets use to wearing it.

We have a follow up appointment with the surgeon in Ft. Worth next Thursday but after that we are hopeful that our trips will slow down.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Well by the time he gets on a football team he will be a pro at wearing a helmet!! And where did these cute chubby cheeks come from! I blinked and he got so so cute and chubby on us! Wish we could see him in person!

Sarah said...

Bless all three of your hearts!! You've had quite a first few months of motherhood!
Love his chubby little cheeks! Hope he's adjusting better!