I named my team The Pink Flamingos and did my best to learn all I could about the game. Don’t get me wrong, I grew up watching college football with my dad, but as for Fantasy Football I had no clue.
I didn’t know the rules.
I didn’t know NFL players or records.
And I definitely didn’t know how fun it would be.
I remember spending a lot of hours doing research online.
I wanted to learn all that I could about NFL offensive players.
I wanted to learn which teams had the strongest defense.
I wanted to make sure that I drafted a good team, and more importantly I wanted to give Chris a run for his money.
I actually had a pretty impressive season for a beginner. Call it 'beginner’s luck' if you want, but I like to call it dedication and keeping up with the sport. I made the playoffs and won 5th place!
Then this past season I actually kicked a lot of butt. I won 1st place! I won cash, which I should be collecting sometime next month.
With the new season quickly approaching I’ve been thinking about the league a lot lately. After talking to Chris I’ve decided to take a break. I might have had a great season last year, but Fantasy Football isn’t an easy hobby or my passion. For me it takes a pretty big time commitment.
A few weekends ago I let the entire league know that they should give someone else the opportunity to play.
So these next couple of years, until Parker decides he wants to play... we’ll be cheering for Chris’ team (2007 Champions-Chris wrote that).
No comments:
Post a Comment