This week I feel emotionally drained. I'm flat out exhausted. I have a new respect for women who go through pregnancy alone; if it wasn’t for Chris I would be in bad shape.
On Monday morning before rushing off to work I took my 24-hour urine specimen to the lab and had more blood work done. I wasn’t expecting to have that much blood drawn. It wasn’t painful, but definitely uncomfortable and I felt dizzy immediately afterwards. I was told if I am leaking protein (a warning sign of preeclampsia) I should expect a call from Dr. May either Thursday afternoon or Monday, July 6th. All I can do now is stay positive and wait.
Then yesterday afternoon my supervisor announced that she will be leaving the end of July. I wasn’t surprised. She checked out last year and spends a lot of time at her desk playing computer games.
I was confused when she mentioned that our regional office didn’t want her to tell anyone until the beginning of July. There are only two of us in the office and I leave for maternity leave in a few weeks. What if I test positive for preeclampsia and have to take my leave earlier than I expected? With a massive budget and our Labor Day Telethon right around the corner, I believe not hiring someone new now will set us up for failure. I am disappointed.
Parker’s nursery is coming right along. Chris has done a great job! This weekend he'll probably hang crown molding and install a new fan.
I’ll stand in our sweet baby’s room for a few minutes before I leave for work in the mornings, and also when I get home in the evenings. It’s like a breath of fresh air...or an escape from a rough week. It makes me smile.
I think about all the fun times we’ll have in Parker’s room.
I think of all the sleepless nights we’ll spend in Parker’s room.
I think about the times we’ll watch Parker crawl or have tummy time in his room.
Chris and I are anxiously counting down the weeks until we bring our sweet baby home and show him his room!
2 comments:
can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!
I’ll be waiting to see the nursery pictures too. Sorry you had a rough week, but chin up my dear this weekend is the 4th!
Post a Comment