Friday, July 10, 2009

Good News Day

What an amazing day!

This morning at my doctor’s appointment we were told Parker is a healthy boy; right now he weighs 4 pounds and 10 ounces. Dr. May said he was average, not too big and not too small.
After our appointment it hit me that even if I go a week longer than expected...our sweet baby boy will join us sometime in the next 5-8 weeks.
With Parker’s nursery almost complete and my baby shower just a few weeks away I feel like this huge weight has been removed from our shoulders.

I know that I’ve shared a lot of elevator stories during my pregnancy...I can’t help but to share this story.
This morning after our appointment this older woman in the elevator looked at me and said, “You’re having a boy. “ Then with a smile she said, “Don’t worry child, he will be born the first Friday with a full moon that follows your due date.”
Of course I get back in the office and Google 2009 full moon schedule. Sure enough the first Friday that follows my due date, September 4, 2009, is a full moon date. I wish that I could take the stairs!

After searching the full moon schedule I received a text message from my friend Linda. I’ve known for the past couple of months that she was planning on moving back to Amarillo, but she’s moving this weekend! A few years after college graduation she and her late husband bought their first home in Amarillo. She never sold their home.
Earlier this year Jessica, Claudia, Linda and I decided that we missed our friendships. We felt that we had grown apart the past 5 years; emails and text messages just wouldn’t do so we agreed on visiting each other’s homes during our birthday weekends. It’s amazing what those weekends have done. They have made our close friendships even stronger. I couldn’t be more excited for Lin. Just knowing that she is happy again is the best! Plus I know that she and Parker will be good buddies.

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

Wow, he sounds like a healthy boy already! What a huge relief!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!