At my doctor’s appointment this week my blood pressure was extremely lower than usual. After the RN checked my blood pressure twice I rushed into the room and celebrated with Chris. Then Dr. May came in and told us that my lower blood pressure was actually concerning. He feels it’s best to monitor Parker and me closely for the next few weeks with ultrasounds. In fact we have been scheduled for two ultrasounds a week for the next few weeks.
He also explained that there is a strong possibility that I will be induced around the beginning of my 39th week. That means Chris and I will be parents in two to three weeks!
I am no longer worried or terrified, I am ready. I am ready to bring our sweet baby boy into the world. I feel like we have done all the preparing we can do, now we simply have to hope for the best and wait.
Parker’s room is ready.
His onesies have been washed.
We have registered at the hospital.
We have found his Pediatrician.
-We meet with three Pediatricians during the last two months. This week we met Dr. Werner and we just knew she was Parker’s Pediatrician. She is very direct, positive, and I simply cannot say enough good things about her. Thank you for all the advice and recommendations.
Besides having the baby shower this Saturday and installing the car seat we are good to go!
I’ve spent a lot of time this morning trying to picture our lives as parents. Last night we had our final childbirth class. I actually enjoyed our last class a lot. We went over a lot of post baby stuff.
I know that it will be a learning experience and that we’ll make a few mistakes along the way. At the same time we have always been a strong team and I know we’ll do fine.
I hope that Parker inherits his daddy’s...calm, cool, collective spirit, beautiful thick curly hair, handsome smile, sense of humor, passion to help others, bright blue (sometimes hazel) eyes, intelligence, and great eye sight!
I hope that Parker inherits my...determination, soft-heart, fluffy checks, strong teeth, comforting personality, and love for cuddling!
The very best of us all in one tiny little person who has tiny fingers and tiny toes!
4 comments:
He will be the perfect combination of his wonderful parents, and he will be surrounded by more love than you can possibly imagine. You will simply not believe the bond you are going to feel with that little boy. And when you are willing to let go of him for a few minutes, this grandma cannot wait to get her arms around him!!!!!
... and I think we can pretty much guarantee he's going to be a smart ass!
Haha, yeah, I agree with Lori, he will definitely be a smart ass, but that's okay -- we wouldnt expect anything less!
You guys will be wonderful parents. And I believe you are more than ready for this wonderful journey!
with the title you had I thought for a minute that you already had Parker and I had missed all the excitement...I haven't been on here in a long time...but thankfully he's still hanging around growing and getting ready. Hope you are feeling better and everything is great....rest up cuz you're so gonna need it! :-) Adorable nursery btw!!!
Post a Comment