What a wonderful start to my busy morning. Tummy stitches and all, I did a happy dance in the middle of my bedroom while my sweet baby watched me, bright-eyed and smiling. He smiles a lot everyday. I cannot wait to hear his laughing sounds.
I am finally feeling more like myself. I cannot believe I spent the last 6 weeks worrying that my health issues were postpartum baby blues. I was pretty sick. They say when you have gallbladder problems you only hurt after eating fried or greasy foods.
False.
I was convinced I was dying after eating baked chicken, potatoes and carrots.
After another attack last Thursday afternoon Chris came home from work to take me back to the ER. We weren't leaving until we had answers. After countless hours and tests we were told that I had too many gallstones to count. I would need my gallbladder out immediately.
I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday resting and recovering. I was so sore. I was also told not to lift more than ten pounds. Since I couldn't pick up my baby it was the longest three days of my life.
Life around the Sturgy house is a little easier since 'operation gallbladder'. We head to Dallas/Fort Worth next week to visit with a Dr. Honeycutt. He is one of the best Pediatric Specialists in the state so we know Parker is in good hands.

Daddy singing P to sleep!
2 comments:
Back in your jeans already?!?! I told you YOU lost weight during the pregnancy while Parker was gaining. Good for you!
I'm glad that you are feeling better. What an unexpected start to mommyhood. I am very impressed that you are back in your skinny jeans. You go girl!
The picture on your header made my day. That is so funny/cute!
Post a Comment