Monday, September 28, 2009

Say a Little Prayer for P

Life at the Sturgy house has been kind of rough. That is why we haven't been on this blog all week.

It started last Monday around midnight. I woke up with severe pain in my stomach, back and chest. It felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly.
At first I started to panic and I couldn't breathe.
Then I tried the bathtub and I couldn't be still.
I tried to sit on the couch and thought I was about to die.
Eventually I found myself in the kitchen getting sick in the trash.

Chris called my sister and our brother-in-law Scott to come watch Parker and we were off to the ER.
There I was tested for blood clots, anxiety, and finally an asthma attack. After hours of blood work and cat scans we were sent home with an inhaler. The doctor on call had no clue what had caused me so much pain.

I had another painful attack early this morning. My OB/GYN Dr. May is pretty certain I am having gall bladder attacks. He has referred me to a Specialist and I have more test early next week. The only cure would be to have my gall bladder removed very soon. If it means no more late night/early morning severe pain this surgery cannot happen soon enough.

Last week at Parker's doctor's appointment we found out that our growing boy weighs 9lbs 5oz. Yea! What a big boy!
(P and daddy watchin' those Broncos!)
(Mommy's cuddle bug)

Dr. Werner also mentioned that she has concerns about Parker's forehead. There are signs that his little forehead bones may have prematurely closed. After x-rays at our local hospital Dr. Werner has referred us to meet with a Pediatric Specialist at Cooks Chidren's Hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth.

As a parent it is the worst feeling in the world...to think your tiny baby may need surgery. Chris and I are prepared to handle the bad, but we are praying for the best. Please keep our sweet baby in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I am SO sorry, for both of you. I hope you find answers soon. I've always heard that gallbladder problems are common after giving birth.
Prayers your way!

Abby Reed said...

You guys are all in my prayers.

Jaclyn said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Get well!