Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby Fever

Is there anyway to speed up the end of your second trimester? Every night before bed I think about our sweet baby Parker. What color will his eyes be? Whose smile will he have? Will he enjoy cuddling with me? What shapes will his tiny mouth form when he is sleeping? I cannot wait to meet him! To make my anxiety worse it seems like I haven’t meet a stranger who hasn’t asked me: “When is your baby due?”
Every time someone asks I am sure my smile gets bigger and I know my heart begins to race as I say August 28th!

I also think about sweet Parker’s little personality. Oh how I hope he has his Daddy’s compassionate and goof ball spirit. Speaking of Parker’s Dad, this Mother’s Day he was full of surprises. On Saturday morning after we had breakfast Chris’ phone rang. He answered and in a very suspicious way said “Yes we are.”
Immediately after he hung up the phone I was begging for details. He had me convinced that his Aunt Betty wanted to stop by. Of course I rushed off and started brushing my hair while my wonderful husband cleaned the kitchen. Then I stood and stared out the window waiting for Betty & Bill.
Before I knew it a red Saturn pulled up in front of our house and a woman opened the door and carried this to our door.

As I opened the door she said “You lucky little momma! You have a sweet husband.”
I was speechless. I wanted to cry. I think I might have cried. I love my sweet husband!
Chris and I also started our baby registery this weekend. We have decided to register at Babies R Us, Wal-Mart, and Baby Depot. I'll share links to those registries soon.

This morning one of the ladies who used to work part-time in our office brought her infant by the office. She had sweet Annye two days ago. Annye’s face was tiny and petite and as she slept her mouth made tiny movements and often closed tightly as if she wanted to give us a sweet baby kiss.
After seeing Kristen and her baby girl the rest of my day was all about Parker Bailey.
There are not enough words to express the true joy Chris and I will experience when Parker joins us in this world. I know that I will be one of those crazy first time mommy’s who will kiss her baby’s feet, hands, and tiny cheeks.
Oh how I have baby fever!

1 comment:

Julia Soler said...

I always wished I could speed up pregnancy too, lol...my dr had to remind me they gotta cook completely, be patient! But, yeah right...when it comes to a mama waiting to see her baby for the first time there is no patience, lol! But, the long wait only makes the big day even more magical....nothing will compare to the joy you will feel, its incredible!!! Its funny how long it took for me to finally see my Jared and now it seems like time won't slow the heck down :-)