Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is This Normal?

I start my third trimester today. I cannot believe that we only have three more months. We will have sweet baby Parker in our arms sometime in the next 10-13 weeks!
To be honest I am feeling very pregnant. I am very belly big. I promise we will be sharing new belly pictures soon.

With the summer-like weather we’ve had my entire body feels swollen and at times sore. Luckily I was able to schedule a prenatal massage next Saturday. I also start my prenatal yoga class at the hospital on Monday. I am thinking it will help me to relax and focus during labor and delivery.
I bet Chris is hoping yoga will help me to relax now. I have started my nesting faze which is driving him crazy.
We plan to work on the new guest room this Saturday. It will be a difficult project because I am pretty much useless and Chris has the Children’s Miracle Network this weekend. Nevertheless, we have decided to take all the sports paraphernalia & collectables off the walls and spackle nail holes on Saturday.

I was feeling good about our decision to work on that room this Saturday but that still didn’t stop me from going bananas last night. After work I drove myself to Lowe’s and searched for painting supplies. What?
I had no idea what I was buying.
I had no idea why I went without Chris.
We already have the paint we need.
I just knew that I wanted the rooms to be ready for Parker.
NOW!
After walking around Lowe’s for 20 minutes I finally bought some plastic drop covering for the carpet. I then walked to my car, sat there for a while, and I cried.
My anxiety is too intense for me to handle so I have no idea how Chris is dealing with me and my crazy mood swings.

Parker is moving, kicking, and getting the hiccups more and more each day. There are moments when I just know you can even feel him outside my belly. Of course the little stinker stops moving once someone puts their hands on my stomach. I think he is going to be a cuddlier.
I also think he will truly enjoy going to baseball games because I crave hot dogs and sunflower seeds almost everyday. Today I am finding that I have a new craving…SNOW CONES!
I am not sure that I can wait until this evening to buy that grape- peach-pineapple snow cone that I so desperately want. Let’s hope my anxiety doesn’t kick in again…or I might be taking some sort of a break time to stop by the snow cone stand this afternoon.
Will I go back to normal Amber in August?

5 comments:

Abby Reed said...

Awww, that's cute! I am the same way... I need things done NOW NOW NOW!!!!

Jaden Berkeley and Mia said...

Ummm, probably not. I was way more emotional after Mia was born than before! You will never be normal Amber again. But the change is for the better. There is just no way your body can hold all of the love that you have without it spilling out into tears sometimes.

Julia Soler said...

You are experiencing all the perks of pregnancy girl. With Jaden, I broke out into tears daily over nothing while I was pregnant. To this day every baby show or sweet commercial...and well anything sweet or sad on tv or wherever gets me all teared up. I think Berk described it perfectly :-) Enjoy these last months and rest, rest, rest! Can't wait to see baby pictures!!!

Lori said...

You are in the typical nesting stage, which is cute. However, please remember that Parker won't know how cute the nursery is. All he wants is to be fed and loved, and you are ready to handle that. Don't fret--you're more than prepared for the important stuff.

Sarah said...

I will have to agree with Berkeley and Julia. Being a mom brings out a whole new sensitive side! And you won't ever be "old Amber" again! But it's a good thing! Becoming a mom just opens up a whole new place in your heart you didn't know even existed!