The most difficult part of our Memorial weekend was getting out of bed and ready for work this morning. If only we had another day off?
Our weekend was full of great food and family gatherings. Chris’ dad, step mom, and sister Caty came to visit.
On Saturday my parents joined us for a delicious cookout at Aunt Betty and Uncle Bill’s house. Uncle Bill grills the best beef and chicken skewers! Of course I am not the best judge of food at the moment because EVERYTHING tastes delicious!! We also played two rounds of croquet in the backyard while the mosquitoes had their own feast.
Sunday evening Caty had us watch her favorite movie Twilight and then she played Mario Cart with Chris. Then yesterday morning we all had a delicious breakfast together before Chris’ dad, step mom, and Caty headed back home. I wish that Chris would have gotten to spend some more time with his dad on Sunday because we probably won’t see him again until August.
After breakfast Chris and I went and registered at Baby Depot. I had been so excited to register there because they have the bathtub and the monitor that I wanted for Parker. I hope that I do not end up regretting our decision to register there because it took the lady in the baby department forever to complete our registry. She was having all kinds of computer problems. We worry that our friends and family will have a difficult time printing out our list at the store.
After completing our registry Chris bought me an adult Boppy which is pretty much a full body pillow. Sweet heaven I haven’t slept as well as I did last night in a long time. At this point I should become a spokeswoman for the Boppy products!
My favorite part of our long weekend happened last night just before I went to bed.
To be honest my swollen feet, grumpy attitude, and the hot summer-like temperatures outside got the best of me and I was a total mess.
Just before falling asleep Chris and I sat in bed and talked about Parker. I expressed my concerns of not being ready. I still have so much to learn about before Parker arrives.
I am either entering nesting time or a panic mode because I only have 12-14 weeks left to prepare!
My thoughts were going crazy when Chris said: “When he gets here it will just come natural to you Amber. You are going to be a great mommy.” That was all I needed to hear... he then rubbed lotion on my huge feet and before I knew it I was having peaceful dreams about us meeting Parker Bailey.
1 comment:
Chris knows what he is talking about Ambee you WILL be a great mom. Buckle up my dear friend this third trimester in the middle of the summer is going to be a journey.
Post a Comment