Monday, May 4, 2009

Bradley (class 2)

I've always dreaded the seven day work week... but at six months pregnant YIKES I AM EXHAUSTED!

Our MDA Fill-the-Boot campaign was this past weekend. For the past three evenings I would get home around 7ish, eat, and then make myself comfortable on the couch with a blanket. My wonderful husband did all the cooking, cleaning, gave me back & foot rubs, and of course once I started snoring too loudly on the couch he made sure that I made it to bed.

I was too exhausted to keep up with our Bradley Method exercises this weekend. Last week Chris and I learned several different relaxation tools that will help before and during labor. *After class I decided that I wanted to sign up for a prenatal yoga class this summer.*
We also learned more about a nutrition guide that will help us prevent health risks such as gestational diabetes, toxemia and problems with breastfeeding.

I MUST make sure that I am eating more proteins than anything so that Parker and I will remain healthy.
I must consume between 80-100 grams of proteins per day.

I know how important it is to make sure I am feeding myself and Parker well these next few months.
The best part and my favorite thing about The Bradley Method is that it's *husband coached childbirth.*
I'll have Chris to coach and motivate me when I might only want carbohydrates and tons of sweets!

4 comments:

Camey said...

I never fully developed gestational diabetes while I was pregnant with the boys but with my second I had extremely high blood sugar levels. I was guilty of thinking since I was pregnant I could eat whatever I pleased and this included drinking soda. I gained close to 75 pounds and was moody.
My advice: you are a very smart girl. Listen to what you are learning.

Jaden Berkeley and Mia said...

Smart to take care of yourself during pregnancy. Are you planning on having an epidural?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is allowed, and I know you have to watch the sweets, but when you can't stand it anymore, I love homemade fruit smoothies. They're great to put protein powder in, and then you could kill two birds with one stone. Lori and I occasionally have one for breakfast.

Tracy

Lori/Grandma said...

Okay, it's obvious who makes the smoothies. They don't have sweets in them, only fruit. It is plain yogurt, 2% milk, frozen fruit, and protein powder. You can also throw in a banana. I'll get you the exact recipe. It's like the commercials--don't tell Tracy they're good for him!