Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation, Golf & Good Times!

Boy is it great to be home! I have not slept in my bed since last Thursday night!
I had a work conference yesterday and today in Albuquerque so Chris and I thought this past weekend would be a great time to visit Chris' family. Since we are coming up on the beginning of the seventh month (*third trimester*) of my pregnancy we have a feeling that road trips will be minimal until Parker is a few months old.

I was mostly excited for this past weekend because we had some celebrating to do! Since we planned on visiting Lori and I decided to throw a *surprise* cook out party for Chris. Not only did he graduate on Saturday, but he also has a baby boy on the way. I really hate that there are not showers or celebrations for the husbands and we wanted to make sure that we did something special for Chris. Plus we are so proud of him!
Lori and I had been scheming this party since early April and all our hard work and secretiveness paid off.





I also want to share some weekend golf pictures. Earlier on Saturday Chris, me, Chris' dad, sister, brother, and step mom all went for a game of golf. Unfortunately me and my big belly weren't doing much golfing so I was in charge of the golf cart and pictures. I might mention that it was a very chilly and windy morning so my hot pink shirt and capri pants didn't keep me very warm!


On Sunday I woke up dreading Sunday afternoon. We had such a great weekend and I simply didn't want it to be over. After Chris headed back home I hung out with Lori and Tracy. It was so nice to have that extra time to spend with them. After dinner that night Lori took me to my hotel in downtown Albuquerque. At this point the enjoyable weekend was offically over and it was time for work.

3 comments:

Abby Reed said...

Awww, why are there no pics from his graduation?!?!? And, I NEED to see some new pics of YOU and baby belly! Glad you had such a good weekend!

MegMerrick said...

I cannot believe that you are already about to start your third trimester. Tell Chris we say congrats! I barely recongize him with that long hair.

Lori said...

It was a great weekend. We really loved it!!