Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tummy Honey

Since I’ve gone a few days without writing I have a lot to say.

Chris felt Parker move this past weekend! It was about 11ish on Sunday night. I was rolling around in bed trying to find a comfortable position when I felt a constant movement in my belly. I think baby Parker had the hiccups.
I immediately pushed my boppy to the floor and crawled out of bed, I ran (okay I waddled) down the hallway… through the living room… past the kitchen and laundry room into the garage where Chris was working out.
I looked at him and said “Come here! Come here!” I then placed his hand on my belly and sure enough Parker decided to let his daddy feel. It was truly a magical moment! I wished that I would have had a camera to take a picture of the priceless look Chris had on his face. I loved that moment!

I had a doctor’s appointment this morning. In fact Chris and I will be seeing a lot more of Dr. May during these next three months. It looks like I’ll be visiting every three weeks maybe even more. We are told that this is normal for someone in their third trimester. I do, however, have high blood pressure. If this is my only problem then I consider myself lucky because this is something I am told that I can control. I need to get plenty of exercise, eat proteins, and back out of stressful situations. If I don’t get my blood pressure lower I have been told that I might go into early labor. I plan on making an exercise and food chart for myself tonight. I want more than anything to make sure that Parker is healthy. I want Parker to pick the day he arrives...not my high blood pressure.

This morning I had my test for gestational diabetes. I have been worried about this testing because for the last three weeks I have been told how horrible it can be. I was told that I should plan on taking a sick day because I would feel bad after the blood work. I was also told that I would more than likely be sick at my stomach and have a headache.
But I didn’t feel sick, have a headache, or miss work. They asked me to drink 4 oz of a sugary drink that tasted like Sunkist and then after an hour they took a small amount of blood. Why do people always try and freak out the pregnant gals?

I also started my prenatal yoga class this week! I have a feeling that yoga will help me to lower my high blood pressure. It is also nice to meet other pregnant girls who live in my area. It’s a small class... I think there are 8 of us. After yoga last night I took a bubble bath only to notice STRETCH MARKS! There are only a few but I really want to avoid several more.

After the bath I busted out my sample of Tummy Honey Butter that I had received from my doctor’s office.
Tummy Honey Butter is this amazing product that unfortunetly is hard to get.

Unlike other stretch mark prevention lotions and creams Tummy Honey smells heavenly. It's thick like honey and also prevents itching. It left my belly feeling smooth and elastic. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is pregnant! It is definitely worth the $20! From what I find you can only order it online. Thankfully Target Online has this butter and it should arrive at our door step on Saturday or early next week!

2 comments:

Abby Reed said...

Wow! Lots going on in your world! I am excited baby Parker seems to be a mover and a shaker!

PS: POST PICS ASAP!!! :)

Camey said...

Sweetheart you look wonderful! It was good to see you in the elevator this morning. You are all baby. As for those stretch marks, just tell yourself they are marks of love. Once your belly goes back down I doubt a lot of them will even be noticeable.