Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Yoga Class

My yoga class was short one person last night. A lady who was in my class lost her baby at 16 weeks, we were told that her baby’s heart stopped beating sometime between her last check up and the ultrasound she had on Monday. Although I only met her once my heart goes out to her and her family.
Last night I couldn’t help but wonder why horrible things such as losing a baby happen to people. Chris says bad things happen so when good things come around we know just how fortunate we are.
I pray that I never lose sight of just how fortunate we have been during our pregnancy.


Yoga this week was more difficult but I know that it is good for my high blood pressure and for Parker.
Last night we did the downward dog and some painful squats for about 40 minutes. At first those stretches felt wonderful! I was stretching muscles that I didn’t even remember having, but that didn’t last long. I grew tired quickly.
Lately I’ve been having charlie horse leg cramps in the middle of the night. Some are so painful that I wake up and yell. Saturday during my prenatal massage I was told that my calf muscles were tense and that I need to do plenty of stretching and drink more water. Gatorade was also recommended before a workout or yoga.
Between that massage, buying Gatorade, and last nights squats my legs felt great last night!
So maybe those painful squats are good for more than just preparing for an easier delivery.

Another neat thing about my yoga class...a girl who works with my mom is my class. She is quickly becoming my pregnancy buddy and is due one week before me. There is another girl in our class who is due in 7 weeks... us three are the furthest along, everyone else is due in October or November and we are all having our first child.
I look forward to Monday nights every week because I enjoy getting to know other pregnant woman and of course I look forward to talking about sweet baby Parker and my pregnancy.
Chris and I have another ultrasound on Monday morning so I am sure that I’ll be showing off Parker’s pictures during class next week.

3 comments:

My Family said...

Isn't funny how you see something, and your like, "oh my gosh, I'm so hungry." Those M&M's are always staring at me!

Camey said...

Who is talking about M&M's here? Did I miss something? My favorites have peanut butter inside.
I wish I they would have offered yoga classes when I was pregnant. Sorry to hear about your friend from class:(
I had an issue with leg cramps too. My doctor always said my legs worked overtime because I had big boys.

Abby Reed said...

yay for pregnancy!!!!!