I was not planning on writing so many posts this week but lately it has been the best way to relax.
I am ready for my maternity leave! I know that sounds horrible.
Now that the summer weather is in full force I dread coming to my HOT office. I work inside a tall building that has 31 floors. When you are on the 19th floor you don’t have control of the thermostat. Today I finally broke down and begged for a personal fan!
I strongly dislike the elevator rides. At the very minimum I’ll ride two different sets of elevators at least twice a day...three to five times a day if I take a lunch or go to a meeting. I am never the only person inside the elevator either. Normally it’s packed and I am in the front hoping the doors don’t close on my belly bump.
I hate the smoke filled parking garage. Our parking garage is the only place where you can smoke in the building. This never bothered me too much before, but as a pregnant lady I try to hold my breath until I am inside my car and the air conditioner is running.
I am just a pregnant woman and my office situation is tough for me so I cannot imagine how difficult it can be for the families who attempt to visit us. We might have a great view, but our office isn’t accessible.
I’ve also grown tired of irritating email kudos, silly themes, meetings about nothing, and a supervisor who spends her day playing computer games.
I love the people we help, and they are why I continue to push myself...but I am looking forward to a break.
Above all, I cannot wait to spend time with Parker. After my maternity leave is over and I return to work I am sure those elevator rides and the smoke filled parking garage will be no big deal. I’ll just be excited to go home and spend time with our sweet baby boy.
1 comment:
How much maternity time do you get? When do you plan on taking it? Yay for Parker!
Post a Comment