Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chris Sturgess

One of my favorite things about being pregnant has been watching my husband become a dad. I know to some people this may sound strange since Parker hasn't made his entrance in the world yet. But in my heart being a great dad isn't just about changing diapers or holding a baby. Being a good dad starts with being a good husband. It starts with getting involved in the prenatal process.

I have been very fortunate. Chris has never missed a doctor’s appointment. He has never missed one of our childbirth classes. He reminds me to eat my proteins, exercise and get to bed early even if that means he is stuck cleaning the kitchen. He skips lunches or goes to work early so he can take time off to search for the perfect pediatrician and daycare center. He does all of this not because I’ve nagged him…but because he wants to.
He calms my fears, rubs my aching muscles, and above all he makes me a better person.

Dear Chris,
I look forward to the bedtime stories you read to Parker, every hug and kiss you two share, the times you let him have too much soda at a baseball game, and the times he sees you show compassion to someone less fortunate.
Your generosity, your wisdom, and even your jokes will make me proud to say Parker is just like his daddy!
Happy early Father's Day - I love you!

2 comments:

Abby Reed said...

Awwwww. That is totally precious! You and Sturg will be great parents because you love each other so much. And that's where babies come from: great love.

xoxoxoxoxo

Sarah said...

Very sweet! You will just love him in a whole new way when you see him hold your baby boy!