On Friday night Chris and I went to a rehearsal dinner. My friend and sister's cousin-in-law Angie got married this weekend. At the dinner celebration Chris and I met Angie's little cousin Robert who came from Houston for the wedding.
Robert can remember birthday's and days on the calendar. It's not only amazing but also shocking! Chris and I told Robert that our baby was coming sometime in August and asked him to guess when the baby's birthday will be.
Without a second thought Robert said, "August 29!" "Aw, I want to meet her!"
Chris and I both looked at each other and I believe we said "WOW!"
Out of all 30 days in August how did this kid manage to pick the day after our due date? If we have a baby girl on August 29th I might just take Robert to buy a lotto ticket!
If you have been waiting to see my baby bump well I've got a special treat for you. My sister wouldn't let me leave the dinner on Friday night without a picture. My belly may look huge already...oh it is...but I am happy to brag that I've only gained 4 pounds to date!

Angie & Ben's wedding on Saturday night was beautiful. It was an outdoor wedding and the weather was in the 50's so it was a little chilly but their reception area was nice and warm! During the father/daughter dance I couldn't help but think about if Chris and I had a baby girl. The words to their song really hit me like a ton of bricks and I got to thinking about how quickly people say their children grow up.
I turned to Chris and said, "This song is kind of sad. It makes me think about if we have a girl."
Chris: "I know I was just thinking the same thing."
Some where in our conversation Chris noticed that the speakers behind me had the name we want to name our little girl across them. Shocked and amazed Chris and I both just smiled from ear to ear.
3 comments:
Love the picture...love the post!!! So sweet :-) Can't wait to see if baby is a girl!
Cute picture! You and your sis look a lot alike (minus the baby belly)
Only a few more days and we will know boy or girl. I am so excited for you two!!!
Awww, that is tooo cute!
Post a Comment