Whew! I’ve been busy this week.
On Tuesday I set up a booth at the AC Lite Luncheon. It’s an all day fundraiser for scholarship dollars that will help young adults who have disabilities go to college.
I am glad I went! I met some wonderful people and heard some amazing stories from students who despite their disabilities are doing well and will graduate from college in the next year or so.
This was also great therapy for me on the day before tax day. Chris and I are guilty of waiting until the last minute to file. I think it was the fear of seeing just how much we were going to owe this year. I just don’t understand it… nearly 20 percent of our combined income goes to pay taxes, and we still owe? Of course I was upset and feeling sorry for myself until I met some wonderful kids with amazingly strong stories. They made our tax issue seem so small.
Wednesday and Thursday I spent most of my day visiting all 10 fire departments and the rookie training center. At work we are gearing up for our Fill-the-Boot campaign and we need plenty of firefighters to volunteer.
Last night I got to thinking about baby Sturgy. Now that I can feel kicks and turns it has hit me…this is real. We are having a baby!
What if there is a boy in there? Right now raising a boy seems foreign to me.
My mind immediately thinks of grass covered jeans, boogers, and dirt covered finger nails. I also think of the amazing bond Chris has with his mom.
What if there is a girl in there? This frightens me. I know all about the painted finger nails, the trendy hairstyles, and the cutest sunglasses…but what will I do or say if she is too soft-hearted and easily misunderstood like me?
I just have to remind myself that before I got married I needed my dad for advice and a shoulder to cry on and so will she…she’ll look up to her daddy the most.
In my heart I know that we'll be good parents and I believe God will give us what we can handle.
2 comments:
I have some of the same feelings. I know what to do with boy babies and would be really comfortable with that. But, on the other hand, I've never had a girl baby to spoil, and wouldn't that be fun?!?
Either way, you and I will adore that little darling and be certain we never wanted anything else. You could be a loving, devoted Mommy to a pet rock, so I have absolutely no worries about how you will handle this lucky little child!
I agree with Lori/Grandma don't sweat it you'll be terrific! Trust me when I say those little boys will love to stick those boogers all over the wall. (Just never under any circumstance let there be a moment of silence with boys; silence is a VERY bad thing.) You’ll be cleaning more than boogers off the walls! Hope this image helps you sleep tight tonight my clean Amber. What else are good friends and experienced moms for?
Post a Comment