Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Parker & Mommy Midland Weekend

***A special thanks to Abby for making us the cute new baby Parker heading. Thank you for thinking of us!*****

I spent this past weekend visiting my girl friends from college. This time our girl's (and Parker) weekend was in Midland, Texas.

Although I was excited to see Linda, Claudia, and Jessica I was dreading the drive to Midland for two reasons.
1. It's not a far drive but I have always been nervous on two-lane highways.
I would say about an hour of the drive is on a two-lane highway and that is a long time to hold your breath!
2. After Chris and I have Parker I know that it will be difficult for me to continue with our reunions four times each year.
There will be no problem with me leaving Parker and Chris behind for the weekend, but will I want to four times each year? I will be the only one of us with a baby. I can not believe how ready I am to have a little family and to be a mommy!

When I finally got to Midland early Saturday morning I was so excited to show the girls my baby belly. They have not seen me since January and I have grown a lot.

Of course we went to eat dinner and then a movie, then back to Claudia's for 'remember when' stories and tons of junk food. The next morning they made the momma (me) make Claudia's birthday breakfast. Our weekend went by so quickly.

I must say I think Parker and I might have really done some damage this weekend. Both Jessica and Claudia got puppies after our visit.
Aw...maybe I won't be the only one with a baby next year!

Our next girl's weekend is at my house and the weekend of my baby shower.
I can not wait to see Lin, Claud, and Jess and I know they are looking forward to seeing Chris and my belly bump again!

1 comment:

Ingram Gang said...

I LOVE girls weekends. How fun!
And congrats on your baby BOY!!!