Friday, April 24, 2009

More Cowbell Please?

*Do they make this shirt in maternity sizes?*


For a spilt second this week and for the first time during my pregnancy I thought to myself... am I ready to be a parent?

My boss has been having a lot of problems finding childcare these last four months so she has been bringing her two baby boys to work. Her toddler is very cute but also a monster.
“Amner...Amner look!”
“AMNER!”
As he stands in my doorway holding a stapler and a hand full of bubble gum balls he took from another co-worker's desk.

He also found a cowbell and by the time 5pm rolled around I had a HUGE headache. Not to mention his little brother who is 6-7 months old couldn’t sleep because of the noise. I am not sure which is worse a sleepy/crying infant or a toddler with a cowbell. I definitely didn’t get any work done that day...none of my co-workers did. Am I ready for this?

After work I went home and complained to Chris and I also expressed my fears. During our conversation I realized two things:
1. Work is not a good place for babies
2. Not all kids act that way

I have such high hopes for Chris and myself when it comes to raising our baby to be respectful and well behaved. We have great role models...our parents did well.

“We are ready to be parents”

No comments: