Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Birthdays

I had to drag myself out of bed this morning. Seriously. I actually stayed in bed until the last moment debating on taking a personal or sick day. My head was working overtime trying to think of an excuse that would be worthy.
No such luck. So... instead I crawled out of bed and rushed around the house like a mad woman! I know that it will be very difficult for me to continue this bad habit once we have a baby.

Our weekend was so busy that I felt like we should get an extra day off to recover.
On Friday night we got together with my family to celebrate my dad’s 51st birthday. Chris and I had a t-shirt made for him that says: “my grand baby will be here August 2009.” I have a feeling that he might just wear that shirt at least once a week until baby Sturgess arrives.
Unfortunately I left our camera at home so I don’t have any pictures to share.

Then on Saturday it was Duke’s second birthday. I can not believe that our little puppy has already spent two years with us. Of course it was a rainy mess on Saturday so Copper and Duke didn’t get to spend that much time celebrating inside. My sister did come over that night and she brought her two little dogs so they had a muddy/wet dog party in the backyard.
While our dogs were taking mud baths I helped Jamie make a birthday/Easter cake for my dad. In fact we were up until almost midnight baking the cake. I have a new appreciation for people who make cakes from scratch. It’s tough work!

On Easter Chris and I first went to Aunt Betty’s house. Chris’s cousin Eric was visiting from Singapore and we hadn’t seen him since Christmas. As always we had a delicious lunch and then the entire family got crazy competitive with the Easter games!
After we left Betty & Bill’s Chris and I were off to my parent’s house for leftover turkey. Since I didn’t take the day off... I might just have to go to bed extra early tonight so that I can finally recover!

2 comments:

Julia Soler said...

Sounds like you had fun! Take it easy though mama...pretty soon you'll be wishing you did...trust me, lol!

Camey said...

Glad to hear you guys had an exciting weekend. I agree with Jake and Julia you should take it easy!