As expected our doctor’s appointment yesterday afternoon was quick and painless.
Chris and I both agree our favorite part of every visit is getting to hear our sweet baby’s heart beat. We are both anxiously waiting for our next appointment when we’ll see baby Sturgy again.
After I got back to work this afternoon I got an email about *kegels*
All you former preggos and mom’s-to-be know what I am talking about! It’s an exercise where you pretend you’ve got to pee and are holding it; they say it can help you have an easier delivery. The email said I should start this exercise now and eventually work my way up to five sets of ten each day. I am curious…who has tried this and does it really help? What other kinds of exercises will make me feel better during the rest of my pregnancy and/or when I deliver? Ideas please!!!!
After spending about thirty minutes researching other tips and tricks to help during labor it was time to go home. Before heading that way I stopped by my friend Melissa’s house. She has been a lifesaver and my very best girlfriend. The best advice I could ever give to someone who is pregnant would be to listen to all the advice a new mom and friend has to offer. Melissa has definitely pointed me in the right direction, answered my insane questions, and has also saved me a fortune in maternity clothes. We’re calling it our “circle of love.”
When she gets pregnant with baby #2 all her maternity clothes as well as the ones I’ve bought will make there way back to her closet.
I was also in need of Cyra time. He is already crawling! Her little stud will be 1 when baby Sturgy arrives in August! I am sure they will have many play dates once our baby is old enough.
6 comments:
Are you talking about Kegels? Haha, Yeah I have heard of those, LOL! Be sure to do your Kegels Amber!!! LOL
I am a big advocate of kegels! I can stop my pee in mid stream for a long time. (is that TMI)? But they have helped for sure! I only have to push 3 times! Also, walk alot. The better shape your whole body is in, the easier labor will be. Good luck!
Gonna agree with Berk...walking and exercise makes so much of a difference in labor. I was running a mile or more up until the day I delivered Jaden and Kaelynn. Actually, I went into labor on my treadmill with Kaelynn. Since this last pregnancy was so rough and I was always sick or having other medical problems I only managed to walk occasionally and nothing more. But, its best to talk to your doctor about all that first. Water aerobics is super great too I hear.
Sorry to post twice... but I just remembered something my personal trainer told me.... he said if I get pregnant, I can work out up until I give birth. That old misconception of taking it super easy and avoiding exercise is lame! it's super important to stay in shape... especially now cause you're cooking a lil bean in your belly :)
congratulations! what an exciting time. enjoy it!
yeah they help but girl nothing will prepair you for a delivery I don't care what they say no one is the same and no two delivers are the same. I have two and both were totally diffrent the first was easy as pie the second.... well lets just say it was natural and not my choice!! so take evrything everyone say's with a teaspoon of suger!! you know what you can handle and don't let anyone tell you diffrent!! How exciting your first!! I wish you all the joy with your first it's a wonderful thing!!
Post a Comment