Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Parker's Cake Adventure

Chris and I are thrilled and we appreciate the comments, text messages, and emails that we have received about baby Parker. Our families are also very excited! This will be the first grand baby on both sides. Parker Bailey will more than likely be spoiled!

My parents and my sister told Chris and I not to call them after our ultrasound yesterday morning. Instead we were told to wait until after work and then go to my parents house for a celebration dinner.

My mom was so excited about her clever celebration dinner and this weekend she bought a cake.
In blue writing half of the cake said "it's a boy" and the other half in pink writing said "it's a girl."
Chris and I were to cut either the boy or the girl half and that is when they would know our exciting news.

Immediately after our ultrasound yesterday morning it hit me that this might not have been the best idea.

Chris and I were so thrilled to hear about Parker and we just could not tell enough people. Before I knew it I was telling EVERYONE!
People in the elevator.
People in the parking garage.
I even told some lady at Sonic!
Of course I also blabbed to my co-workers. Which was not a good idea.

I had been at work for less than 15 minutes when my mom called and a co-worker answered.
I heard: "Panhandle MDA thissss Laneta. Well hello there...I hear you're having a little man!" (L-o-n-g pause) "Oh dear...well...well...I'll get Amber."
My mom was upset at my co-worker but that didn't last long because she was more than anything excited to hear about Parker Bailey! She promised not to tell my dad or my sister so that we could still enjoy our celebration dinner.

Before we had dinner my dad, my sister, Chris, and Paula (Jamie's mother-in-law) were all sitting around the table predicting "our baby's" birthday when I did something STUPID.
Me: "Little Robert might have been wrong about the sex, but I am thinking he might be right about the August 29th birthday."
A few blogs back I wrote about how little Robert told us that the baby would be a girl.
YIKES!!! Just like that I ruined the cake cutting surprise.
Of course everyone laughed and was thrilled to see Parker's pictures.
Keeping that secret ALL DAY was tough!

3 comments:

Camey said...

It sounds like your mom was tickled ‘blue’ after speaking with your work lady. I bet that she doesn’t have children or grandkids and she just didn't know that you do NOT take that risk.
Regardless nothing not even your spilling the beans could ruin the sweet surprise of baby Parker.

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for both of you! It's also really nice to have a name and a pronoun to use!

Tracy

Abby Reed said...

Aw, what a cute idea!!! Yay for baby Parker! (and yay for having an actual name to call him now!)