Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hug O' War

I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war.
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.

-Shel Silverstein
I would ask Chris to read that poem to us almost every night when Parker was inside my belly. It's funny how just moments before sweet Parker arrived I closed my eyes and imagined Chris in Parker's room reading him the Hug O' War poem.

I'll get all choked up if I spend a lot of time writing about our birth experience. It was absolutely wonderful! Of course it was hard work too, but it was a magical experience! I say our because I truly believe Chris did just as much work as I did. He is a great daddy! It takes strong team work to make it through 18 hours of labor.

Parker is doing great. He already has a lot of my determination. Poor little guy wants his hands and his little head to be stronger than they are at this time. He is really doing great at breastfeeding!
Parker is also a night owl. He gets that from his daddy. Once the lights go off those eyes start to wander. Of course he has spent most of today sleeping...but he did have a few visitors this morning. I cannot believe that this perfect little person is part of me...he is by far the best thing that Chris and I have ever done.









Chris' mom and step dad are coming to see Parker this weekend and we are sure more friends and family will be by to meet our sweet baby. I'll have plenty more pictures to share soon so I apologize ahead of time if this soon becomes a picture/video blog.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Glad everyone is happy and healthy. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Ingram Gang said...

So sweet! Happy Mommyhood!