This week after meeting with Dr. May, Chris and I decided that it would be best for Parker and my high blood pressure if I went ahead and took an early leave and rested for the next two weeks or so. My last day at the office was Wednesday and I have spent the past two days relaxing and daydreaming about my life as a mommy.
These past two months have been VERY stressful. I blame my high blood pressure on a lot of the stress that I've had at work. I found out the week of my birthday that our local MDA office would be closing due to poor management, an extremely high budget, and a bad economy. I would not have a job to return to after my maternity leave.
At first I was very worried about my future. How would I help to provide for our little family? As we all know life has a funny way of working out for the best. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful and understanding husband.
For the first time in my life I have no idea what I want to do next. All I know is that my #1 job from this day forward is to be Parker's mom.
I am looking forward to spending time with sweet Parker, and when the time is right I am looking forward to starting a new career.
I am thankful for all the wonderful families I've had the chance to meet and work with at MDA, and I will miss them a lot.
3 comments:
It's definitely a blessing in disguise! So happy for you -- you will love being a stay at home mommy! (more time to blog, too!)
I would take this as a blessing in diguise myself. Your now situation is very similar to what happen to me with my first daughter. God has a funny way of working things out even though we don't understand. Take it slow and enjoy each day. I enjoyed staying at home with my first born for a year and half and I look back now and see how much of a blessing that whole situation was. It was hard during that time but we worked it out. I'm sure yours will as well.
What wonderful news for you! Im sure it was a bittersweet moment, but you will love spending time with your little man without the stress of knowing you will have to go back to work quickly!
Cherish your last few weeks of big baby kicks and wiggles--you will miss it!
Post a Comment