Monday, August 10, 2009

Safe Baby

I have been very impressed with all the wonderful resources offered for first time parents! Between the books, childbirth courses, and the pamphlets from our Pediatrician's office, I feel like Chris and I won't be completely clueless once Parker joins us. Of course I also know sometimes we will learn as we go.

Our Pediatrician gave us a packet of information about child safety seat checkups. Inside the packet I read about 95% of all car seats are not installed correctly. That statistic was not only terrifying, but it also left us wanting to make sure Parker's car seat was properly installed.

This morning I met with a lady from the Panhandle Safe Kids Coalition. Not only did she check our car seat, but she also offered some great tips for Parker's first car ride.
She recommended that we not use the cute cuddly pillows and seat belt covers if they didn't come with his car seat. She also showed me how to properly buckle Parker not only as an infant, but as a growing baby too.
I learned a lot this morning and I am glad this program is offered! We can rest easy at night knowing that our little guy will be safe and comfortable during his first ride home from the hospital.

Speaking of the hospital...packing our hospital bag is the only thing left on my to-do list. I plan on getting everything together and in our bag this afternoon. These last few weeks seem to be flying! We see Dr. May again tomorrow afternoon. Although I promise not to get discouraged or over anxious... we will find out if I am dilated or effaced. Regardless of what happens at our appointment I know in my heart Parker will join us very soon:)

No comments: